Year of construction: 1961
Initial registration: 01.07.1961
Kilometers: 1.124 km
Recorded capacity: 1.884 cm³
Cylinder: 4 (R)
Engine power: 77 KW/105 PS
Fuel: Premium petrol
Previous owners: 1
Paintwork: 334 lightblue
Interior: leather brown
Special features: leather interior, Becker radio, white sidewall tyres, roof brown, manually wound clock
Differential taxation pursuant to Section 25 of the German Turnover Tax Act (UStG)
Mercedes-Benz W 121 B II (sales description Mercedes-Benz 190 SL) is a sports car by Daimler-Benz, which was sold as a convertible (also available with a hardtop) from 1955 until 1963. The number 190 in the sales description stands for the engine size measured in centilitres, and the additional designation SL is the abbreviation for ‘Sport Light’.
In September 1953, the US importer of Daimler-Benz, Max Hoffman, presented his ideas for increasing the US business to the management board. He wanted two different sports car models to be added to the rather conservative Mercedes model range. Despite a extremely short development time of just five months, prototypes of the 300 SL and 190 SL were made which were enthusiastically received by visitors to the New Yorker car show and the trade press. The bodywork design team of Walther Hacker retouched the New Yorker design of the 190 SL several times in 1954 in order to adapt the vehicle to the version of the 300 SL designed by Friedrich Geiger (e.g. removal of the air scoop on the bonnet and retouching of the indicators, grille, bumpers, rear fender and dashboard).
The first reworked 190 SL was showcased in March 1955 at the Geneva Motor Show. Series production began two months later at the Sindelfingen plant where the 300 SL was also manufactured.
This 190 SL is practically a new model with matching numbers. The roadster, originally painted white, was repainted red with the classic combination of silver and leather.
We overhauled the bodywork, paint, interior fittings and the mechanics to bring the roadster up to speed for the next 50 years.
It is a third-hand German vehicle with a well-documented history. Various receipts from the last 35 years are available in this case.